Chess In The Schools
At Chess in the Schools, they believe in the power of chess to change lives. To date, they have taught more than 500,000 of New York City's most underserved children, inspiring them to greater achievement. Each day, they are proud to help kids grow, one move at a time. Their impact is demonstrated by classroom teachers responses to our annual survey:
- 99% Chess had a meaningful positive impact on my students.
- 95% Practicing chess increased students' self-esteem.
- 96% Chess enriched students' social skills.
- 98% Chess developed students' analytical and logical skills.
- 96% Chess improved my students' math skills.
- 98% Girls and boys are equally interested in chess in my class.
- 99% Want Chess in the Schools in their class next year.
To Learn More: https://chessintheschools.org/programs/#0
A Message From Ms. Stacey Ross - PS 131's Substance Abuse Prevention/Intervention Specialist (SAPIS) - Chess Instructor
Chess Tournament at PS 150Q - December 18, 2021
Congratulations to our Chess Team! At the PS 150Q Chess Tournament, our Chess Team won the 1st Place Team Trophy for their division. Four students were awarded medals, and two students were awarded 3rd and 5th place individual trophies based on their standing among the whole division's participants. Our next tournament will take place on January 8, 2021, at MS 582K in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.